MY LIPSTICK COLLECTION

by - February 06, 2015


I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. 
I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. 
I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. 
I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... 
I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn


Lipstick is probably my favourite cosmetic product. It's just so good! It can turn your whole face around with it's lusciousness! I've naturally started off my collection with old lipsticks from my mum (as everyone does). Gradually I started to build a collection on my own, mainly excisting out of freebies from magazines.

As my collection grew and I started to buy some lipsticks for myself, I decided that instead of collecting all the freebies and buying cheap makeup, I'd rather had something more profound on my lips (sidenote: I was a serious kid). The dream I wanted to chase (which sounds a bit cringeworthy, but y'all know what I mean) could be realized if I'd stop splurging on all kinds of knick-knacks and started saving up for the real deal. The real deal in my eyes naturally being the brand I'd been chasing ever since the name was first said to my face. Chanel.


Funnily enough, my first Chanel lipstick was a gift from my parents. Naturally it was red (I was quite notorious for my red lips (most people didn't knew my name and just referenced to me as "the girl with red lips"), inspired of course by mademoiselle herself). That gift really gave me the power to toss everything out and start again from scratch. This unfortunately meant that I reduced from a collection excisting out of 50 or so products to a mere one-man show. However, this also meant that every piece I'd added to the collection would be an addition I'd thoroughly thought about. Owh yeah, I take lipstick very seriously.


My current collection excists out of eleven pieces. Most of them are from Chanel. Obviously. I haven't made any new purchases in a long time, but I've been looking at some, so... I really want to broaden my horizon and try out some products from for instance Mac, Lime Crime, Lunatick etc. At the moment I'm looking for more darker colours, but also some nudes and maybe a bit of a crazy colour. And red (I'm always looking for a good red). I've been eyeing up for a Chanel in Rouge Noir, but I haven't tried it out yet. Oh the suspense!


All lipsticks at the moment are resident in an old cigar box from my grandma. On top there's a Spanish bullfighter depicted, which always makes me think of James Dean (he was a fan of Spanish bullfighters). Two memorabilia in one. ;) I try to keep my collection small, so everything can be held in this box. Anyway, what's the point in owning 50 or so lipsticks if you just wear a small percentage of that. You'd rather just own that small percentage and wear everything to its full extent, amiright?

And that's it, I guess. If you've got a lovely collection or know a lipstick I should most definitely try out, scream my name until your longs fall out or comment below. Either one...

Love,
Dominique


TumblrTwitter ♥ InstagramPinterestYoutube
 

You May Also Like

0 comments